Family Law Resources
The State of New Mexico has some very useful resources for those facing divorce, child custody, support and domestic violence issues.
This is a pretty good place to get started for both those who will be obtaining legal counsel and those that cannot.
NM State Judiciary Self Representation Website Family Law
The Cornell University School of Law’s Legal Information Institute has a variety of extremely helpful legal resources in every area of the law including family law. This is a very helpful place to get started and will lead you to other resources as well.
Cornell Family Law Resources
Child support can be daunting for both those paying and those receiving support. As you may know by now, it is often very difficult to get answers through the child support hotline. The best place to start is often at the Child Support Enforcement website. The site has a lot of very useful information for parties to child support, including applications, case tracking, and frequently asked questions. It is good place to begin your understanding of the child support laws and processes.
Child Support Enforcement Division of New Mexico
- Contested & Uncontested Divorce
- Custody, Time-Sharing & Child Support
- Division of Property & Debt
- Alimony & Spousal Support
- Division of Retirement Benefits
- Modification of Final Decrees, Parenting Plans and Child Support
- Domestic Violence & Restraining Orders
- Defense of Related Criminal Matters